Pages

Monday, February 28, 2011

Disneyland and Other Poisons

Today I want to talk about my aversions to a few things that bring many people joy.

1. Disneyland
I like to consider myself an open minded person, but good luck getting me to understand the significant difference between Disneyland and the DMV. I dare you to try. I'll even throw out my main arguments right now, so that you can cleverly craft your rebuttals. By all means, take all the time you need.


2. Christmas (at least insofar as it is celebrated in America)
Overrated. It's cold. Like my heart. You get gifts you don't want. You give other people gifts they don't want. Time must be spent with family. Depending on your family, this can suck or rock. For most people, I reckon it sucks. For me it would rock, but I haven't gotten to be with my family on Christmas in three years. Maybe I'm bitter. Or maybe Christmas is just lame.

3. Hugging (at least insofar as it is expected as a salutation)
I hate that this awkward activity has been so culturally ingrained and accepted much less EXPECTED. I don't enjoy it. I do it because you come at me with your arms outstretched. Somebody needs to think of a better thing to do to express affection. Oh wait! There are tons of things.




That's enough negativity for one day.


[End rant.]

2 comments:

Weeeemo said...

If only that was really all the negativity on the day.

Carsty said...

I know, what a bother.