Pages

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Kinda

The other day I was getting out of my car to go play badminton at a community college. I need to stress that I was wearing a T-Shirt and sweatpants, I had no make-up on, and my hair was thrown up in a gross bun.

A guy my age rode up to me on a bike.

"Can you spare like a dollar?"

"No, sorry."

"You don't even have no change or nothin'?"

"No. That's why I parked out here on the street. I don't even have any money to put into the permit dispenser on campus."

"Oh, alright."

He started to ride off and then circled back.

"You look nice, by the way."

"What?"

I had heard him. But, what?

"You look nice..."

He paused.

"...kinda."



I rolled my eyes and he rolled away.


Lesson #1:
Never try buttering someone up if they've already told you they don't have what you want.

Lesson #2: 
Never compliment a female when she obviously looks like crap.

Lesson #3:
NEVER END ANY KIND OF COMPLIMENT WITH "KINDA."

No comments: