Pages

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Would YOU have a drink with you?

Julia Styles shares a drink with Julia Styles.
  

This commercial provokes my thoughts.

"Would you have a drink with you?"

Weh-heh-ell! That's something to think about. But I cannot answer the question without first asking a series of seemingly related yet equally unnecessary ones. As a student in the fine field of journalism, I must whip out the WHO, WHAT, WHERE, WHEN, WHY, and HOWs:






Who is going to pay the tab-- me or me?
Who is going to believe me when I tell them about this later?
What am I going to talk about with myself?
What should I both wear?
Where am I going to go?
When is this little date going to go down?
When should we conclude this creepy rendezvous?
Why should I attempt such an unusual out of body experience?
How will I get back into one body afterwards?
 
Nevermind. This question is obviously way too involved for any one person to figure out by themselves. It's actually almost outrageous enough to be something that I could only discuss with another me... over drinks.
 
I'll give you a good question. How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck would chuck wood? Riddle me that, Stoli Vodka.
 
I win. You can put it on the booooard...YES!
 
Despite this victory, in the grand scheme of things, the score is still something like
 
Carsten- 1
Vodka- 1,485
 
 
 
But that's neither here nor th-- Oh, forget it. I need a drink.*




*Please resist the urge to conclude that this post was written after or during the consumption of copious amounts of alcohol. Everything written here was done so under wholly sober conditions. Believe it. Don't believe it. It's your life.

No comments: