Pages

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Truth Hurts

I was talking to a bartender a while back about how pretty much everybody who lives in LA is working on doing something other than what they're currently doing. Supposing she didn't intend on tending bar for the rest of her life, I asked her which path she thought she might go down.

She excitedly responded that she aspired to be "an insulting greeting card designer." Obviously intrigued, I asked her for an example.

"My best idea is a card for a baby shower," she said. "On the front it says, 'Congratulations' and on the inside it says, 'WHORE!'"

I spent a significant amount of time trying to decide whether I would be offended by such a card or find it wildly amusing.

I spent an equal amount of time genuinely hoping she has some backup ideas.



No comments: